TopicStickyOverwatch General Information & Release Date
6 postsFri 25th Mar 2016 - 8:06pm
Overwatch is an upcoming multiplayer first-person shooter in development by Blizzard Entertainment. Unveiled at Blizzcon 2014, the game emphasizes cooperative gameplay using a cast of various "heroes", each with their own abilities and roles within a team.
Overwatch features squad-based combat with two opposing teams of six players each. Players choose one of several hero characters, each with their own unique abilities and role classes. The four character roles include: offense characters with high speed and attack but low defense, defense characters meant to form choke points for enemies, support characters that provide buffs and debuffs for their allies and enemies respectively (such as healing or speed alterations), and tank characters that have a large amount of armor and hit points to withstand enemy attacks and draw fire away from teammates. Players can switch between characters in-game following deaths, which is encouraged by the game's overall design. The game's maps are inspired by real-world locations; the first three maps unveiled ("King's Row", "Hanamura", "Temple of Anubis") are inspired by London, Japan, and the ruins of Ancient Egipt
Overwatch currently has three main game modes, with some maps featuring a hybrid of point capture and payload:
- Point Capture: The attacking team is tasked with capturing two specific points on the map, while the defending team must stop them.
- Escort: The attacking team is tasked with escorting a payload to a certain delivery point before time runs out, while the defending team must stop them. The payload vehicle moves along a fixed track when a player on the attacking team is close to it.
- Control: Each team tries to capture and maintain a control point until their capture percentage reaches 100%. This game mode is played in a best-of-three format.
Characters in Overwatch come in four varieties: Offense, Defense, Tank, and Support. These roles serve to categorize the heroes of Overwatch by similar characteristics that can be used to describe them and their playstyle.
- Offense: Offense characters have high mobility and are known for their ability to deal large amounts of damage. To balance this, offense characters have a low number of hit points.
- Defense: Defense characters excel at protecting specific locations and creating choke points. They can also provide several means of field support, such as sentry set-up and trapping the enemy team.
- Tank: Tank characters have the most hit points out of all the characters in the game. Because of this, they are able to draw enemy fire away from their teammates to themselves, so as to disrupt the enemy team.
- Support: Support characters are utility characters that have abilities that enhance their own team and/or weaken the enemy team. They might not deal the most damage or have the most hit points, but the buffs and debuffs they provide ensure that their teammates who do will make short work of their opponents.
It's out on 24 May and you can play it on PC, PS4 or Xbox One. But if you pre-order you can get in on the open beta testing on 3-4 May. Pricing is complicated. PC gamers can get it for as little as €40. But if you want it on console it's €60 for the Origins edition, which has some bonus things like character skins. (You can also buy Origins for PC, for a little less than on console.) Or you can go crazy and pay €130 for the physical Collector's Edition, which comes with a figurine and a soundtrack disc and some other bumf.
Admin 7 postsFri 25th Mar 2016 - 8:14pm
Great job, Riz!
1 postsWed 5th Dec 2018 - 7:56am
I think that he has done a good job but there is one problem - I think that students have to play games for a smaller amount of time if they don't use the site https://uk.papersowl.com/write-my-dissertation click on this link to view the services of the company that can help students who are engaged in playing games! Ithe students have to write papers by themselves! This company can help with writing dissertations!